With that said, I didn't plan to participate. Mainly because I am a computer lab teacher and don't have a homeroom class to fulfill the reading part of the contest.
Then it hit me. WGS needs a board to represent the "High Tech" ways in which we read.
Thus is born our board. "FANTASTIC HIGH TECH READERS - LEARNING IS OUR GOAL!!!"
Footballs highlighted with the following media types
- Online Encyclopedias (Wikipiedia, EB Kids...)
- Search Engines (Google, Kids Click, Bing...)
- Online News (Time for Kids, al.com, CNN.com...)
- E-Reading (iBooks, nook, Kindle...)
- Online Libraries - AVL
- Social Networks (blogs, wikis, facebook, twitter...)
So get out there kids and read to learn!